has written this song Jiva Jago Jiva Jago”.
The official Name for this song is Arunodaya Kirtana 2 (Kirtana songs to be sung at dawn)
. This song is taken from the book Gitavali
. Bhaktivinoda Thakura
says that Maha prabhu
is so humble that He has come down to this material world to deliver all the fallen souls. Sri Caitanya
is very merciful He wants all His children to wake up and come with Him to His spiritual abode. He doesn’t want us to suffer so He gave us the special Hare Krsna mantra
. Just chant and be happy, remember Sri Krishna
, Love Him and then go back to His abode. It is so simple yet we fools don’t relish it.
jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole
kota nidra jao maya-pisacira kole
bhajibo boliya ese samsara-bhitare
bhuliya rohile tumi avidyara bhare
tomare loite ami hoinu avatara
ami bina bandhu ara ke ache tomara
enechi aushadhi maya nasibaro lagi’
hari-nama maha-mantra lao tumi magi’
bhakativinoda prabhu-carane pariya
sei hari-nama-mantra loilo magiya
1) Lord Gauranga is calling, "Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Maya?
2) You have forgotten the way of devotional service and are lost in the world of birth and death.
3) I have descended just to save you; other than Myself you have no friend in this world.
4) I have brought the medicine that will wipe out the disease of illusion from which you are suffering. Take this maha-mantra—Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/Hare Rama, Hare Rama Rama Rama, Hare Hare."
5) Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says: "I fall at the Lord’s feet, having taken this maha-mantra."
Jiva Jago Jiva Jago – Sung by Srila Prabhupada
Jiva Jago Jiva Jago – Sung by HG Jai Sachinanadana Prabhu
Jiva Jago Jiva Jago – Sung by HG Krishna Kshetra Prabhu
Jiva Jago Jiva Jago – Sung by HG Sivarama Prabhu
Jiva Jago Jiva Jago – Sung by HH Niranjana Swami
Jiva Jago Jiva Jago – Watch Videos