Narottam Das Thakur has written this song “Hari Hari Ar Ki Emona Dasa”. The official name of this song is Swabhista Lalasa Song 4. This song is taken from the book Prarthana. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur wonders when will he be able to directly serve the Divine Couple – Srimati Radharani and Sri Krsna.
hari hari! ara ki emon dasa hobo
kobe vrsabhanu pure, ahiri gopera ghare,
tanaya hoiya janamibo
yavate amara kobe, e pani grahana hobe,
vasati koribo kobe taya
sakhira parama srestha, ye hoy tahara prestha,
sevana koribo tara paya
tenho krpavan hoiya, ratula carane loiya,
amare koribe samarpana
saphala hoibe dasa, puribe manera asa,
sevi duhara yugala carana
vrndavane dui jana, catur dike sakhigana,
sevana koribo avasese
sakhi-gana cari bhite, nana yantra loiya hate
dekhibo manera abhilase
duhun canda mukha dekhi, judabe tapita ankhi,
nayane bohibe asru dhara
vrndara nidesa pabo, donhara nikate yabo
heno dina hoibe amara
sri rupa masjari sakhi, more anathini dekhi,
rakhibe ratula duti paya
narottama dasa bhane, priya narma sakhigane,
kobe dasi koribe amaya
(1) When will I take birth as a gopi in the town of Maharaja Vrsabhanu, where many gopas and gopis live? O Lord Hari, Lord Hari will I someday attain this condition of life?
(2) When will I live in the city of Vrsabhanu and be accepted by its residents as one of their kin? When will I serve the feet of the gopis' beloved master?
(3) When Lord Krsna is merciful to me I will be able to attain His reddish lotus feet. When I attain the lotus feet of the Divine couple, then my life will be successful, and all the desires of my mind will be fulfilled.
(4) When will I be able to directly serve the Divine Couple, who are surrounded by Their gopi-friends? When I directly serve the Divine Couple in the association of the gopis, all the desires of my heart will be fulfilled.
(5) When will I approach the Divine Couple? When will streams of tears flow from my eyes by seeing Their moonlike faces? When will I receive direct orders from Vrnda-devi? When will that day be mine?
(6) When will Sri Rupa-manjari, seeing me helpless and without any shelter, protect me with her reddish feet? Narottama dasa say: When will I become one of the maidservants of the dear and playful gopis?