Narottam Das Thakur has written this song “Sri Rupa Pascate Ami Rahiba”. The official name of this song is Lalasa Song 4. This song is taken from the book Prarthana. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur wonders when will the Divine Couple – Sri Radharani and Lord Krsna, directly speak to him and engage him in their service.
sri rupa pascate ami rohibo bhita hoiya
donhe puna kohiben ama pane caiya
sadaya hrdaye donhe kohiben hasi
kothay paile rupa ei nava dasi?
sri rupa masjari tabe donha vakya suni
masjulali dilo more ei dasi ani!
ati namra citta ami ihara janilo
seva karya diya tabe hethaya rakhilo
heno tattva donhakara saksate kohiya
narottame sevaya dibe niyukta koriya
(1) I timidly follow behind Sri Rupa-manjari. When will she say to me: "Fetch some water for the Divine Couple?
(2) When will the Divine Couple, compassionately smiling, say: "Where has Rupa-manjari gotten this young maidservant?"
(3) Hearing these words, Sri Rupa-manjari will say: "Manjunali gave this maidservant to me.”
(4) At that time I will feel very humble at heart, and I will diligently engage in the service of the Divine Couple.
(5) When will the Divine Couple directly speak in this way to Narottama dasa, engaging him in Their service?