Narottam Das Thakur has written this song “Pranesvari! ei bara karuna koro more”. This song is taken from the book Prarthana (Section: Siddha-dehena Sri Vrndavanaisvaryam Saksad-Vijnaptih Song 1). In this song, Narottam Das Thakur prays to someday become eligible to follow behind the gopi friends of the Divine Couple – Sri Radharani and Sri Krishna.
pranesvari! ei bara karuna koro more!
dasanete trna dhari, anjali mastake kori,
ei jana nivedana kore
priya sahacari sange, sevana koribo range,
ange vesa koribeka sadhe
rakho ei seva kaje, nija pada pankaje,
priya sahacari-gana majhe
sugandhi candana, manimaya abharana,
kausika vasana nana range
ei sab seva yara, dasi yeno hon tara,
anuksana thaki tara sange
jala suvasita kori, ratana bhrngare bhari,
karpura vasita guwa pana
e sab sajaiya dala, labanga malati mala,
bhaksa dravya nana anupama
sakhira ingita hobe, e sab anibo kobe,
yogaibo lalitara kache
narottama dasa koy, ei yeno mora hoy,
dadaiya rahu sakhira pache
(1) This person places a straw between his teeth and his folded hands over his head. This person appeals to you. O queen of my life, please be merciful to me.
(2) Please engage me in the service of Your lotus feet. Please place me among Your gopi-associates. In their company I will serve You with great happiness. I will dress You in nice garments, and serve You in many ways.
(3) I will anoint You with aromatic sandalwood paste. I will happily decorate You with a variety of silken garments and jewel ornaments. I will always stay near You as Your maidservant.
(4) I will bring You fragrant water in a jewel pitcher and betel-nuts mixed with camphor. I will bring You a clove-twig, a garland of jasmine flowers, and a variety of incomparably delicious foods.
(5) When will I carry out every order hinted or gestured by the gopis? When will I attain the association of Lalita-devi? Narottama dasa says: I hope that by praying in this way I will some day become eligible to follow behind the gopi friends of the Divine Couple.