Narottam Das Thakur
has written this song “Ei Nava Dasa Bali”.
The official name of this song is Lalasa Song 3.
This song is taken from the book Prarthana
. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur
expresses his desire to become a young gopi-maidservant and serve the divine couple – Srimati Radharani
and Sri Krsna
ei nava dāsī boli śrī rūpa cāhibe
heno śubha kṣaṇa mora koto dine hobe
śīghra ājñā koriben – dāsi hethā āya!
sevāra susajjā kārya koroho tvarāya
ānandita hoiyā hiyā tāra ājñā bole
pavitra monete kārya koribo tatkāle
sevāra sāmagrī ratna thālete koriyā
suvāsita vāri svarṇa jhārite pūriyā
dońhāra sammukhe lo’ye dibo śīghragati
narottamera daśā kobe hoibe emati
(1) When will I be a young gopi-maidservant? When will Sri Rupa-manjari directly order me? When will that auspicious time be?
(2) When will Sri Rupa-manjari repeatedly order me about, saying: “O maidservant, come here. Quickly arrange for my fancy garments and ornaments.”
(3) By hearing these orders I will become delighted. These orders will completely absorb the attention of my purified mind.
(4) When, in Sri Rupa-manjari’s service, will I fill a jeweled tray with various paraphernalia for worship? When, engaged in her service, will I fill a golden goblet with aromatic water?
(5) When will I be able to quickly approach the Divine Couple? When will Narottama dasa attain this condition of life?