Narottam Das Thakur has written this song “Ei Nava Dasa Bali”. The official name of this song is Lalasa Song 3. This song is taken from the book Prarthana. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur expresses his desire to become a young gopi-maidservant and serve the divine couple – Srimati Radharani and Sri Krsna.
ei nava dasi boli sri rupa cahibe
heno subha ksana mora koto dine hobe
sighra ajsa koriben – dasi hetha aya!
sevara susajja karya koroho tvaraya
anandita hoiya hiya tara ajsa bole
pavitra monete karya koribo tatkale
sevara samagri ratna thalete koriya
suvasita vari svarna jharite puriya
dońhara sammukhe lo'ye dibo sighragati
narottamera dasa kobe hoibe emati
(1) When will I be a young gopi-maidservant? When will Sri Rupa-manjari directly order me? When will that auspicious time be?
(2) When will Sri Rupa-manjari repeatedly order me about, saying: "O maidservant, come here. Quickly arrange for my fancy garments and ornaments."
(3) By hearing these orders I will become delighted. These orders will completely absorb the attention of my purified mind.
(4) When, in Sri Rupa-manjari's service, will I fill a jeweled tray with various paraphernalia for worship? When, engaged in her service, will I fill a golden goblet with aromatic water?
(5) When will I be able to quickly approach the Divine Couple? When will Narottama dasa attain this condition of life?