Narottam Das Thakur has written this song “Anya Abhilasa Chadi”. This song is taken from the book Prema Bhakti Candrika. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur expresses his desire to serve Lord Krsna and always ensure that his activities are Krsna conscious, which will deliver him.
anya abhilasa chadi, jsana karma parihari,
kaya mane koribo bhajana
sadhu sanga krsna seva, na pujibo anya deva
ei bhakti parama karana
mahajanera yei patha, tate hobo anurata,
purvapara koriya vicara
sadhana smarana lila, ihate na koro hela
kaya mane koriya susara
asat sangati sada, tyaga koro anya gita,
karmi jsani parihari dure
kevala bhakata sanga, prema bhakti rasa ranga,
lila katha vraja rasa pure
yogi nyasi karmi jsani, anya deva pujaka dhyani,
iha loka dure parihari
dharma karma duhka soka, yeba thake anya yoga,
chadi bhajo girivaradhari
tirtha yatra parisrama, kevala manera bhrama,
sarva siddhi govinda carana
sudrdha visvasa kori, mada matsarya parihari,
sada koro ananya bhajana
krsna bhakta anga heri, krsna bhakta sanga kori
sraddhanvita sravana kirtana
arcana smarana dhyana, nava bhakti maha-jsana
ei bhakti parama karana
hrsike govinda seva, na pujibo devi deva,
ei to ananya bhakti katha
ara yoto upalambha, visesa sakali dambha,
dekhite lagaye bodo vyatha
dehe boise ripu-gana, yoteko indriya-gana,
keho karo badhya nahi hoy
sunile na sune kana, janile na jane prana,
doraite na pare niscoy
kama krodha lobha mohwa, mada matsarya dambha saha,
sthane sthane niyukta koribo.
ananda kori hrdoy, ripu kori parajoy,
anayase govinda bhajibo
krsna seva kamarpana, krodha bhakta-dvesi jane,
lobha sadhu-sange hari-katha.
moha ista labha vine, mada krsna guna gane,
niyukta koribo yatha tatha
anyatha svatantra kama, anarthadi yara dhama,
bhakti pathe sada deya bhanga
kiba se korite pare, kama krodha sadhakere,
yadi hoy sadhu janara sanga?
krodha va na kore kiba, krodha tyaga sada diba
lobha moha ei to kathana
chaya ripu sada hina, koribo manera bhina,
krsnacandra koriya smarana
apani palabe saba, suniya govinda raba,
siḿha rabe yeno karigana
sakala vipatti yabe, mahananda sukha pabe
yara hoy ekanta bhajana.
na koriho asat cesta, labha puja pratistha,
sada cinta govinda carana
sakala vipatti yabe, mahananda sukha pabe,
prema bhakti parama karana
asat kriya kutinati, chado anya paripati
anya deve na koriho rati
apana apana sthane, piriti sabhaya tane,
bhakti pathe padaye vigati
apana apana patha, tate hobo anurata,
istadeva sthane lila gana
naisthika bhajana ei, tomare kohilo bhai
hanuman tahate pramana
sri-nathe janaki nathe cabhedah paramatmanih
tathapi mama sarvasvaḿ ramah kamala-locanah
deva-loka, pitr-loka, paya tara maha-sukha,
sadhu sadhu bole anuksana
yugala bhajana yara, premanande bhase tara,
tahara nichani tribhuvana
prthak avasa yoga, duhkamaya visaya bhoga,
vrajavasa govinda sevana
krsna katha krsna nama, satya satya rasa dhama
vraja janera sanga anuksana
sada seva abhilasa, mane kori visoyasa,
sarvathai hoiya nirbhaya
narottame dase bole, padilu asat bhole,
paritrana koro mahasaya
(1) Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada has said (Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 1.1.11)
"Uttama bhakti, or unalloyed devotion unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, involves the rendering of devotional service in a way that is favourable to the Lord. This devotional service should be free from any extraneous motive and devoid of fruitive karma, impersonal jnana and all other selfish desires."
(2) Rejecting all other desires, and abandoning philosophical speculation and fruitive work, in the company of the devotees I will worship and serve Lord Krsna with my body and mind. I will not worship the demigods and demigoddesses. Devotional service is the reason for my life.
(3) Devotedly follow the path of the great devotees in the past. Properly using your body and mind, don't neglect either the regulative devotional practices or the remembrance of the Lord's pastimes.
(4) Always reject the company of the impious. Give up attraction to non-devotional songs. Leave the karmis and jnanis far away. Only associate with the devotees. Take pleasure in hearing the nectar descriptions of pure love for Krsna. Become flooded by the nectar of the narrations of the Lord's pastimes in Vraja.
(5) Putting the yogis, svamis, karmis, jnanis, demigod-worshippers, and meditators far away, and rejecting the torments that are fruitive work, ordinary religion, and the other yogas, worship Lord Giridhari.
(6) The struggle to travel to various holy pilgrimage places is simply the mind's mistake, because to make spiritual advancement all one actually needs is the lotus feet of Lord Govinda. Abandoning pride and envy, and with firm faith in your heart, always worship Lord Govinda without deviation.
(7) See the devotees of Lord Krsna, associate with the devotees of Lord Krsna. Faithfully engage in the nine-fold process of devotional service, which includes hearing about the Lord, chanting His glories, worshipping Him, offering obeisances to Him, and remembering Him. Following these activities enlightens the devotees with spiritual knowledge.
(8) I shall use these senses to serve Lord Govinda, and I shall decline to worship the various demigods and demigoddesses. I shall only speak about pure devotional service. The numberless different philosophies and conceptions of life are all products of the conditioned soul's pride. Trying to understand them brings no real benefit but only a pain within the mind.
(9) The insubordinate senses are like enemies that live within the body. Tell the ear to hear and it may rebel, refusing to hear. Tell the mind to understand a particular point, or become firm in a certain way, and it may very well disobey.
(10) I shall fight with lust, anger, bewilderment, greed, madness, envy and pride. Defeating them, I will become blissful at heart, and I will easily become able to worship Lord Govinda.
(11) Lust I will engage in offering the fruits of my work to Lord Krsna. Anger I will direct towards the enemies of the devotees. Greed I will engage by being greedy to hear the topics of Lord Hari in the association of the saintly devotees. Bewilderment will be manifested because I cannot immediately attain my worshipable Lord. Madness will be there when I madly glorify the transcendental attributes of Lord Krsna. In this way I will engage each of these in the service of Lord Krsna.
(12) If lust is not controlled, then it becomes the breeding ground for a host of vices and checks one's advancement on the path of devotional service. However, if one stays in the association of the saintly devotees, then that association will carry him beyond the influence of lust, anger, and their friends.
(13) I shall not become angry. I shall renounce anger. I shall become free from my six enemies, such as greed and bewilderment. I shall control my mind, and always remember Lord Krsnacandra.
(14) When lust and his friends hear the word "Govinda" they immediately begin to flee, as a herd of elephants flees when it hears a lion's roar. If one engages in single-pointed devotional service to Lord Krsna, then the worshipper attains transcendental bliss, and all kinds of calamities flee from him.
(15) Don't sin. Take no interest in profit, adoration, and distinction. Instead meditate on the lotus feet of Lord Govinda. In this way all sufferings will go far away and transcendental bliss and pure love for Lord Krsna will spontaneously come.
(16) Give up the association of the impious non-devotees. Give up the tendency to find fault in others. Don't follow any spiritual path other than devotional service. Don't worship the demigods. If one takes to the worship of the demigods, he becomes deviated from the path of devotional service.
(17) O brother, please become attached to your worshipable Lord alone. Serve Him without deviation and sing the glories of His pastimes. I will now quote the words of Hanuman, who demonstrates this exclusive devotion to one's worshipable Deity. Hanuman said: Although He is not different from Lord Narayana, lotus-eyed Lord Rama alone is the be-all and end-all of my life.
(18) If one attains the planets of the demigods or Pitas and enjoys celestial happiness there, then I congratulate him, saying: well done, well done. However, I myself would never strive to attain such a thing. For myself I am content simply to worship the Divine Couple and swim and float in the bliss of pure love for Them. This pure love is the most valuable object in the three worlds.
(19) Although I have taken great trouble to try to enjoy the miserable sense-gratification available in this world, I shall now give it up. I shall now reside in Vraja, serve Lord Govinda, hear and chant the topics of Lord Krsna, chant the holy names of Lord Krsna, and at every moment relish the transcendental mellows of devotional service in the association of the residents of Vraja.
(20) I shall always aspire to serve the Lord, and great faith in the Lord will become manifested in my mind. In this way I shall remain always fearless in all situations. Narottama dasa says: Somehow or other I have accepted the role of a non-devotee. O my master, O great soul, please deliver me.