Narottam Das Thakur
has written this song “Ei baro Karuna Koro”.
The official name of this song is Vaishnave Vijnapti (Prayer to the Vaiṣṇava).
This song is taken from the book Prarthana (Section: Vaisnava Vijnapati Song 2)
. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur
requests the great Vaishnavas to be merciful to him. He has also described about their glories.
ei-baro karuna koro vaishnava gosai
patita-pavana toma bine keho nai
jahara nikate gele papa dure jay
emona doyala prabhu keba kotha pay
gangara parasa hoile pascate pavan
darsane pavitra koro—ei tomara gun
hari-sthane aparadhe tare hari-nam
toma sthane aparadhe nahi paritran
tomara hridoye sada govinda-visram
govinda kohena—mora vaishnava paran
prati-janme kori asa caranera dhuli
narottame koro doya apanara boli’
(1) 0 Vaishnava Gosvami, please be merciful to me now. There is no one except you who can purify the fallen souls.
(2) Where does anyone find such a merciful personality by whose mere audience all sins go far away?
(3) After bathing in the waters of the sacred Ganges many times, one becomes purified, but just by the sight of you, the fallen souls are purified. This is your great power.
(4) The holy name delivers one who has committed an offense to Lord Hari, but if one commits an offense to you, there is no means of deliverance.
(5) Your heart is always the resting place of Lord Govinda, and Lord Govinda says, "The Vaishnavas are in My heart."
(6) I desire the dust of your holy feet in every birth I may take. Please consider Narottama yours, and be kind upon him.
Ei baro Karuna Koro – Sung by Vaishnavas
Ei baro Karuna Koro – Sung by HG Achyutananda Prabhu
Ei baro Karuna Koro – Sung by HG Agnidev Prabhu
Ei baro Karuna Koro – Sung by HG Jai Sachinanadana Prabhu
Ei baro Karuna Koro – Sung by HH Prabha Vishnu Prabhu
Ei baro Karuna Koro – Watch Videos