Govinda Das Kaviraj has written this song “Maribo Maribo Sakhi Niscoy Maribo”. This song is taken from the book Padavali. In this song, Govinda Das Kaviraj describes how distressed Srimati Radharani is when Lord Krishna has left her and gone to Mathura. She tells her sakhis that she would surely die.
moribo moribo sakhi niscoy moribo
kanu heno gunanidhi kare diya yabo
tomra joteko sakhi theke majhu sange
marana kale krsna nama likho mora ange
lalita pranera sakhi mantra dio kane
mora deha pore yeno krsna nama sune
na poraio mora anga na bhasaio jole
morile tuliye rekho tamalera dale
sei se tamala taru krsna-varna hoy
acetana tanu mora tahe yeno roy
kabahu se piya yadi ase vrndavane
parana payabo ham piya darasane
puna yadi canda mukha darasa na pabo
viraha anale maho tanu teyagibo
kohite kohite dhani murachita bhelo
dhai visakha tare kole kori nilo
thara thara kampe anga khin bohe svas
nasagrete tula dhari dekhaye nisvas
sravane vadana dei kohe krsna na;ma
cetana paiya kohe kaha ghana-syama
sanmukhe tamala heri kore nirikhan
unmadini hoye yay dite alingan
aichana dhanira dasa kori nirikhan
govinda das bhelo sajala nayan
(1) I will die, I will die, O sakhi, I will surely die. How will I attain an ocean of attributes like Krsna?
(2) All you sakhis, that are staying with Me, please write Krsna’s name on My body as I die.
(3) Lalita, My hearts friend! Utter the mantra in My ear, so that I hear Krsna's name when my body burns on the pyre.
(4) Don't burn My body and don't throw it in a river. When I die, then keep it around the branch of a Tamala tree.
(5) This Tamala tree has the complexion of Krsna. Let my unconscious body dwell on it.
(6) If My beloved ever returns to Vrndavana I will get My life back by seeing Him.
(7) If I never see His moonlike face back again I will give up My body in the fire of separation.
(8) When Radha spoke thus She fainted and Visakha came running to take Her on her lap.
(9) Her body trembled strongly and only a very thin breath came from Her mouth. The sakhis kept a cotton swab in front of Her nose to see if She was still breathing.
(10) They uttered Krsna's name in Her ears and, regaining consciousness, She said: 'Where is Ghanasyama?'
(11) When She sees a Tamala tree ahead of Her She stares at it and embraces it like mad.
(12) Seeing such a condition of Radha, Govinda dasa simply stares with tear-filled eyes.