Narottam Das Thakur has written this song “Vacanera Agocara”. This song is taken from the book Prema Bhakti Candrika. In this song, Narottam Das Thakur describes the glories of staying in Vrndavana and serve Lord Krsna and Srimati Radharani.
vacanera agocara, vrndavana heno sthala,
svaprakasa premananda ghana
yahate prakata sukha, nahi jara mrtyu duhka,
radha-krsna duhu prema, laksa bana yeno hema,
yahara hilola rasa sindhu
cakora nayana prema, kama rati kore dhyana,
piriti sukhera duhu bandhu
radhika preyasi-vara, vama dike manohara,
kanaka kesara kanti dhare
anurage rakta sadi, nila patta manohari,
manimaya abharana pore
koroye locana pana, rupa lila duhu gana,
anande magana sahacari
veda vidhi agocara, ratana vedira para,
sevo niti kisora kisori
durlabha bhajana heno, nahi bhajo hari keno?
ki lagi maraho bhava bandhe
chado anya kriya karma, nahi dekho veda dharma,
bhakti koro krsna-pada-dvandva
visaya visama gati, nahi bhajo vraja-pati
krsnacandra carana sukha sara
svarga ara apavarga, saḿsara naraka bhoga,
sarva nasa janama vikara
dehe na koriho astha, marile se yama sasta,
duhkera samudra karma gati
dekhiya suniya bhajo, sadhu sastra mata yajo,
yugala carane koro rati
jsana-kanda, karma kanda, kevali visera bhanda
amrta boliya yeba khay
nana yoni sada phire, kadarya bhaksana kore,
tara janma adhah pate yay
radha-krsne nahi rati, anya deve bole pati,
prema bhakti riti nahi jane
nahi bhaktira sandhana, bharame koroye dhyana,
vrtha tara e chara jivane
jsana karma kore loka, nahi jane bhakti yoga,
nana mate hoiya ajsana
tara katha nahi suni, paramartha tattva jani,
prema bhakti bhaktagana prana
jagat vyapaka hari, aja bhava ajsa-kari,
madhura murati lila katha
ei tattva jane yei, parama uttama sei,
tara sańga koribo sarvatha
parama nagara krsna, ta'te hao ati trsna,
bhajo tare vrajabhava loiya.
rasika bhakata sańge, rahibo piriti rańge,
vrajapure vasati koriya.
sri guru bhakata jana, tahara carane mana,
aropiya katha anusare
sakhira sarvatha mata, hoiya tahara yutha,
sadai vihare vrajapure
lila rasa sada gana, yugala kisora prana,
prarthana koribo abhilasa
jivane marane ei, ara kichu nahi cai
kohe dina narottama dasa
(1) Vrndavana is beyond the descriptive power of words. It is the best of all holy places. It is self-manifest, filled with most intense transcendental bliss, free from the touch of material miseries of old-age and death, and the place where Lord Krsna eternally enjoys nectar pastimes.
(2) Radha and Krsna's love is more glorious than gold purified in ten thousand flames. Radha and Krsna make great waves in the ocean of nectar. The love in Their eyes is like a cakorabird. Kama and Rati meditate on Them. Their love and happiness are the closest of friends.
(3) Charming Srimati Radharani, the best of the gopis, stays on Lord Krsna's left side, Her complexion the colour of the filament of a golden flower, clothed in the garment of ecstatic love for Krsna and a blue silk sari, and Her limbs are beautiful with many ornaments.
(4) Become Their gopi-companion. Make Them more dear than life. With your eyes drink the nectar of Their beauty and pastimes. Dive in an ocean of bliss. Always serve the youthful Divine Couple, who are seated on a jewel throne and beyond the rules of the Vedas.
(5) Why don't you worship Lord Hari now that you have this rare human birth? If you don't worship Him, what do you think will be your fate after death? Give up all other duties. Don't worship the demigods. Serve Lord Krsna's feet.
(6) Do not worship Lord Nandanandana, the blissful master of Vraja, and the entire world around you will become filled with pain. Become attracted to higher material realms, the attainment of liberation, or the hellish pleasures of this sphere, and your valuable human birth will become spoiled.
(7) Do not put your trust in the material body. After death Yamaraja will punish you and your karma will push you into an ocean of pain. Now that you have heard and understood this, please follow the path of the saints and scriptures. Worship and love the feet of the youthful Divine Couple.
(8) The fruitive worker of karma-kanda and the speculations of jnana-kanda are two pots of poison. If one drinks these two poisons, and then proclaims that they are both as sweet as nectar, he will fall from the human realm and spend a long time wandering in many species of life, eating many abominable things, and enjoying many horrible pleasures.
(9) They who proclaim someone else as their Lord and don't love Radha-Krsna don't understand anything of loving devotional service. Not asking about devotional service and all their thoughts placed in the illusory material world, they have wasted their lives.
(10) Most people know only of work and philosophy. They don't know anything about devotional service. Each with a different opinion, they are all fools. Don't listen to their talk. Learn about devotional service, the life of the devotees.
(11) Lord Hari is present in every corner of the material world. Brahma and Siva are His order-carriers. Talk of His pastimes is very very sweet. One who knows this is a great soul. I yearn for his association.
(12) Thirst to attain Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Worship Him. Love Him as the residents of Vraja did. Reside in Vrajapura, where Lord Krsna eternally enjoys pastimes. Stay in the company of great souls that relish the nectar of Krsna. Great souls stay always in Vraja, day and night their hearts full of love for Krsna. That is the truth. It is not otherwise. Srila Jiva Gosvami has proved it.
(13) I will meditate on the lotus feet of the devotees, hear from them, remember Lord Krsna's gopi-friends, and always be happy in Vrajapura.
(14) I will meditate on the youthful Divine Couple and sing of Their nectar pastimes. I pray for that. In this life or after death I have no other desire. Thus speaks poor-hearted Narottamadasa.