Bhaktivinod Thakur has written a song Emona Durmati. This song is taken from the book Saranagati. Bhaktivinoda Thakura has spoken about the glories of Sri Caitanya and Nitya nanda. They have delivered the most fallen souls. The entire Nadia sings the glories of Them and is dancing and singing in ecstasy. Maha prabhu is none other than Sri Krishna Himself.
emona durmati, samsara bhitore,
podiya achinu ami
tava nija-jana, kono mahajane,
pathaiya dile tumi
doya kori’ more, patita dekhiya,
kohilo amare giya
ohe dina-jana, suno bhalo katha,
ullasita ha’be hiya
tomare tarite, sri-krsna-caitanya,
toma heno koto, dina hina jane,
vedera pratijna, rakhibara tare,
mahaprabhu name, nadiya mataya,
sange bhai avadhuta
nanda-suta jini, caitanya gosai,
nija-nama kori’ dan
tarilo jagat, tumi-o jaiya,
se katha suniya, asiyachi, natha!
bhakativinoda, kandiya kandiya,
1) A wicked mind brought me into this world, O Lord, but one of Your pure and elevated devotees has come to bring me out.
2) He saw me so fallen and wretched, took pity, and came to me saying, “O humbled soul, please listen to this good tiding, for it will gladden your heart.
3) Sri Krishna Caitanya has appeared in the land of Navadvipa to deliver you. He has safely conducted many miserable souls such as you across the sea of worldly existence.
4) “To fulfill the promise of the Vedas, the son of a brahmana bearing the name Mahaprabhu of golden complexion, has descended with His brother the avadhuta Nityananda. Together They have overwhelmed all of Nadia with divine ecstasy.
5) “Sri Caitanya, who is Krishna Himself, the son of Nanda, has saved the world by freely distributing His own holy name. Go also and receive your deliverance.”
6) O Lord, hearing those words, Bhaktivinoda has come weeping to the soles of Your lotus feet and tells the story of his life.
Emona Durmati – Watch Videos